Saturday, February 21, 2015

Seed Starting

Its February and you know the season has begun
when there are seed packets and soil mixes are always out.
.
I do enjoy this season we are in as it is a slower time
of the year. Seeing new plants come to life is enjoyable.

There are lots of types of plants to be growing for the spring.
As in Elliot Coleman's book suggest.

This book helped me understand that you don't 
have to try to do it all in one season.  Let me explain.
You can start off in the warm days of January.  There
are days you can work outside cleaning up the garden 
area while nothing is growing.
For example I have rows where I walk between the beds
that are about 36 inches wide. This is a good time to be working
 on putting down cardboard, plastic, and straw in my walking rows. 


 It will make the spring so 
much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment